Minimum hours required for the degree: 125
Admission to major: Admission to the Washkewicz College of Engineering
Student Organizations: Association for Computing Machinery
Additional Information: Students in the Computer Science program choose areas of interest from the technical electives in their senior year. The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is a program in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The Computer Science program prepares engineers to enter and contributions to the field of computing. The program showcases the various roles computing plays in significant aspects of the world.
The program includes a spectrum of courses and considerable laboratory experience. In addition, depth in computer engineering is provided by technical electives.
Program Objectives: The Computer Science program is designed to produce graduates who are able to:
- practice computer science
- define and diagnose problem and provide and implement computing solutions in industry, business, and government
- observe engineering ethics in the practice of computer science
- communicate effectively with technically diverse audiences
- collaborate with others as a member or as a leader in an engineering team
- develop their knowledge beyond the undergraduate level and keep current with advances in computer science
Computer Science students are limited to two grades of D in CS courses. Technical electives must be chosen from the available CS courses.