Mar 20, 2019
School Nurse Licensure Program
Maureen M. Mitchell, EdD, RN, Graduate Program Director
This program prepares nurses who have earned a baccalaureae degree and desire to apply for licensure through the Ohio Department of Education as a School Nurse. The curriculum is aligned with the National Association of School Nurses Roles and Standards.
How is the program scheduled?
Courses are offered on a part-time basis. The program may be completed in four consecutive semesters. A minimum of sixteen (16) semester hours are required to complete the program. Students may begin the program during the Fall or Summer semester.
Admission to the School of Nursing
Requirements for admission include:
- Apply for admission to CSU's College of Graduate Studies
- Submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Pay the University's application fee
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university with a CGPA of 3.0
- Hold an active Ohio RN license
- Apply for admission to the School of Nursing. The application form may be found on the School of Nursing website, www.csuohio.edu/nursing
The application deadline is July 1 for the Fall semester and April 1 for Summer semester.
Upon completion of the program requirements, students must apply for licensure through the Education Student Services Center of the College of Education and Human Services. Applicants for licensure must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA throughout the program in order to be eligible for licensure. They must also hold an active Ohio RN license.
For More Information
For additional information, please visit our website or contact the School of Nursing:
Cleveland State University
School of Nursing
2121 Euclid Avenue, JH 238
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Comprehensive School Health Program
Comprehensive School Health Education Delivery
Children with Special Needs and School Assessment
- NUR 360 Nursing Research (online Spring semester Or
- NUR 310 Nursing Research (Spring or summer semester)
Practicum for School Nurses