Curriculum and Instruction Urban Secondary Teaching (Multi-Age)
Specialization leading to a Master of Education degree.
43-46 credit hours leading to the Master of Education degree.
This program prepares individuals with bachelor’s degrees to teach Visual Arts or Foreign Language (Spanish) in urban schools. This intensive, fourteen month, full-time program engages a cohort of students in school-based classes and classroom experiences, studying theory and developing essential practices within school settings. Through reflection, collaboration, fieldwork, and inquiry, students develop responsive teaching and classroom management strategies that enhance learning. Students construct a critical perspective of schooling by examining and addressing the effects of race, class, and gender on pedagogy and learning.
Applicants to the program must:
- Attend one of the information sessions offered during the fall semester
- Complete a special MUST Graduate Program Admission Application form provided at the information sessions
- Meet all College of Graduate Studies admission requirements noted in this Catalog
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in art, foreign language, or a related field with above-average grades
- Be committed to a fourteen-month intensive program to include a nine-month, school-based internship
- Have an interest in working in an urban school environment
- Hold no concurrent employment
- Agree to develop a professional teaching portfolio
- Agree to participate in all cohort activities
Eligible applicants to the program are invited for an interview.
Apply Now: http://www.csuohio.edu/gradcollege/admissions/apply.html