A student is eligible to apply for the accelerated program if the following conditions are satified:
The student has been accepted as a COM major and:
- The student has completed at least 65 credit hours (at least 16 hours in COM and at least 30 credit hours earned at CSU);
- The student has at least junior standing at CSU; and
- The student has a cumulative grade-point average of 3.4 or better and a minimum average of 3.25 in COM courses. Students must maintain a 3.25 to stay in the program.
In addition, students must apply to the accelerated COM program before the completion of 100 credit hours towards the undergraduate degree, including transfer credits. Typically, such applications should be made at the end of the junior year. Transfer students need to have taken at least 30 hours at CSU and to have a 3.4 GPA or better. Also, admission to the Accelerated COM program does not require completion of GRE or equivalent tests.
To apply students must submit the following:
- A completed Application form
- A statement of intent describing why and how the Strategic Communication program will enhance the student's scholarly and career goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from CSU School of Communication faculty
For more information about the program, please consult the COM department (216-687-6430) or go to the department website at http://www.csuohio.edu/class/communication/communication.
Students who are accepted for an accelerated 4+1 program may apply or transfer a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours taken while an undergraduate. No additional graduate credit hours taken as an undergraduate may be applied or transferred to the graduate record.