Feb 29, 2024
Dual Degree Program
In 1998, a cooperative agreement was reached between the Levin College of Urban Affairs at Cleveland State University and the Department of Regional Development of Chung-Ang University in Seoul, Korea, to offer a dual Master of Science degree in Urban Studies/Urban and Regional Planning.
Course of Study
Students who wish to spend the second year of the MS program in residence in Seoul, Korea, must apply to the MS Program Director for admission well in advance of the semester(s) of intended residence.
- Levin College students take Chung-Ang classes (three credit hours), which are accepted by Cleveland State toward the MS degree. They include the following courses:
- Applied Statistics
- Survey Research Methods
- Public Economics
- Regional Economics Elective courses include:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Urban and Regional Policy
- Urban Planning Methods
- Community Development Methodology
- Introduction to GIS
- Urban History
Most Classes are taught in Korean; however, English textbooks are available and Chung-Ang faculty advise and tutor students in English.
Students receive the MS in Urban Studies degree from Cleveland State University and the Urban and Regional Planning degree from Chung-Ang University.