Increasingly buyers are relying on digital media to get information and recommendations, as well as to purchase products and services. It is, therefore, important for companies (both large and small) to connect with existing and potential buyers in this digital environment. The growth of digital marketing is fueled by its ability to reach a wide audience, effectively and efficiently. Not surprisingly, the field of digital marketing has grown rapidly and the demand for qualified candidates continues to increase, as corroborated by these statistics.
- According to statistica.com, US digital marketing spending will grow from $108 billion in 2018 to $201 billion in 2023 - an 85% increase; worldwide spending is expected to increase 83% from $283 billion in 2018 to $517 billion in 2023.
- McKinley’ 2018 marketing hiring trends report suggests that digital marketing specialty is a buyer’s market with an unbalanced supply (19%) and demand (59%). McKinley’s 2019 marketing hiring trends report states that over 61% of hiring managers are planning on hire digital marketing employees.
- From 2016 to 2019, the hiring needs in digital marketing specialty outpaced those of most other specialties. The demand for related specialties such as creative services, research and analytics, and relationship management is also growing rapidly.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimate in their September 1, 2020 report that marketing jobs will continue to grow 6% annually (faster than average) till 2029.
- According to salary.com, the current median salary is $57,290 for entry-level digital marketing analyst and $102, 932 for digital marketing managers.
These statistics suggest that digital marketing skills could contribute towards rewarding career options for business and non-business graduates.
The digital marketing certificate is designed to provide opportunities for students by enhancing their fundamental knowledge of skills that are desired by the industry. Through live-client projects, simulations, and case studies, it provides hands-on and applied skills that enable students to transition smoothly to their professional careers. Students are also trained to obtain widely-recognized digital marketing certificates to boost their career prospects. The five certificates that are currently integrated in the program are:
- Google Ads Display
- Google Ads Search
- Google Analytics for Beginners
- Hootsuite Social Media Certification
- Hootsuite Platform Certification
The program provides a competitive advantage to CSU students by positioning them favorably in the workplace. Students are trained in the principles and best practices of (a) internet marketing, (b) social media marketing, and (c) mobile marketing. None of the other Universities in the region include coverage of all the three essential areas of degital marketing in their certificate programs.
In summary, this certificate program is unique and is designed to differentiate our students in the workplace. This flexible and interactive program is also designed to fit in with the busy lifestyle of CSU students since the digital marketing courses can be completed online.
Graduates of the Digital Marketing Certificate program will be able to:
- Critically analyze the impact of internet marketing, social media, and mobile marketing on an organization.
- Create and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies based on business and marketing objectives.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators and use them to measure and evaluate the success of digital marketing strategies.
- Obtain widely-recognized digital marketing certificates to be career-ready.
- Understand the ethical and social responsibilities in marketing with respect to digital channels.
Students are required to get a C or better in the required courses.
Students can transfer a maximum of 6 credits to the program from another institution.
We recommend that the communications course be completed prior to taking the Digital Marketing courses.