The Bachelor of Arts Degree with a Business Studies major is designed to provide an undergraduate multidisciplinary Business education that blends fundamental Business education with other academic disciplines beyond Business topics. The program prepares individuals interested in business careers that requires knowledge beyond business disciplines such as psychology, communication, foreign language, art, science, or previous employment experiences. The program is a flexible business-focused degree that supports previous educational studies.
The Bachelor of Arts Degree with a Business Studies major introduces students to basic Business topics such as accounting, personal finance, Business commutation, and economics with a focus on strategic broad topics in Business areas such as marketing, information technology, sales, international Business, innovation, management, real estate, supply chain, and human resources.
The program provides an innovative flexible approach by allowing the student to personally design the flex core portion of the degree in which the student can select from multidisciplinary academic areas. This innovative approach will allow students the flexibility to deepen their knowledge in a particular Business subject area or choose to study subjects outside the Business area or use previous educational experiences in completing their Bachelor of Arts Business Studies Degree program. This major is ideal for working professionals, military veterans, and transfer students.
Bachelor of Arts Degree - Business Studies Major
Minimum hours required for degree: 120
Minimum hours required for major: The Business Studies major requires completion of the following:
Basic Business Core: 16 credit hours - specific coursework
Practical Business Core: 18 credit hours - specific coursework
Business Studies Major core: 27 credit hours - specific coursework
Flex Core: 24 credit hours - any academic level course from CSU or other institiusutions.
Admission to major: Standard CSU admission criteria for high schoool, and transfer students .
- Math Requirement: Any two college level math courses which satisfy the CSU Math/Quantitative Literacy.
- Foreign Language Requirement no additional courses are required beyond the University foreign language requirement.
- Transfer coursework rules: Student must complete a minimum of 46-49 credit hours of Business Studies major coursework among the three core areas of the Business Studies Major: Basic Core/Practical Core/Business Studies Major Core at CSU.
- Major Graduation Requirement:
- Student must complete course BSM 140 by the end of the second semester of enrollment in the Business Studies Program.
- Achievement of a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 in the Business Studies Major;
- Student can earn two D grades among four BS major courses without repeating the courses.
- General Education Requirements: 35 credit hours:
- WAC courses and 1 Social Science is a part of the Business Studies major.
- Once WAC course must be selected from either the Flex core or 300/400 level business electives.