Department of Management
Monte Ahuja Hall 433
The principal objective of the Master of Labor Relations and Human Resources (MLRHR) degree program is to help graduates begin careers, or advance their careers, in human resources and labor relations. Specific objectives of the program include:
- Providing education in the fundamental principles of human resources and labor relations.
- Providing a better understanding of human resource data and its use in such areas as testing, program evaluation, selection, and survey research.
- Providing an awareness of the political and legal environments in which human resource and labor relations systems function.
- Providing an interdisciplinary perspective of the field.
The MGT department’s full-time faculty members represent a broad range of academic and professional backgrounds. Our faculty’s areas of expertise include:
- Human Resource Management
- Labor Relations
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- International Management
Current faculty information can be located on the Cleveland State University Faculty Profile page.
Students interested in applying to the program have two options. The Traditional option requires submission of GMAT or GRE scores. The G2WO option allows coursework to begin as a non-degree student and does not require GMAT or GRE scores. However, before being officially admitted to the program G2WO applicants must demonstrate success in two required and two elective Management courses (see details in the NON-DEGREE STUDENTS section below).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE - Traditional
GMAT or GRE results submitted to the University by ETS, and
An official transcript from each college and university attended.
Admission examination registration forms may be obtained from Educational Testing Service, Box 966, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, or from the Testing Center, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Rhodes Tower West #215, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio 44115-2214.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE - G2WO Option
The GMAT/GRE Waiver Option (G2WO) Program provides students an opportunity to demonstrate the aptitude needed to succeed in the MLRHR program without taking the GMAT or GRE.
Apply Now: http://www.csuohio.edu/graduate-admissions/how-apply
Students with a wide range of backgrounds are encouraged to enroll in the program. Applicants who may be interested in pursuing this course of study include those who hold undergraduate degrees in:
- Political Science
- Urban Studies
- Business Administration
In addition to the College of Graduate Studies standards for admission, applicants for the MLRHR program must meet the following requirements:
All applicants are required to submit a resume and a statement of interest to our Graduate Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted applicants will enroll as Non-degree students.
Students will enroll in 12 credit hours. Included in the 12 hours are two required courses and two elective courses.
After successfully completing the four courses G2WO students can be admitted into the MLRHR program without the necessity of taking the GMAT or GRE.
A specific Student Services/ Advisor of the Monte Ahuja College of Business will be assigned to students in the G2WO Program and advisory holds will placed on the student’s records.
- The Student Services/ Advisor will track students’ academic performance and contact students via their CSU email with all final program outcomes.
- Students who successfully complete the G2WO Program will be eligible for admission to the MLRHR program.
- Students who do not successfully complete the G2WO Program will have the option to complete the standard College of Business full admission process for the Master of Labor Relations and Human Resources Degree program.